Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ok I kinda suck at this!

LMAO So it's been almost a month since I updated and here I was doing oh so good! lol Oh well, at least I'm back now! No pics in this post though b/c I've been slacking there too and also my main computers power source went out and I just got it back from the shop today and have to get it set up, thanks PC Gold! :)

So, the one big thing that has happened was my dad suffered a major heart attack on 5/18. What appeared to be very low blood sugars were actually the late results from the heart attack he had and didn't even know he had! Love those side effects of diabetes, like silent heart attacks! So he was taken to the ER that night by ambulance and his blood pressure was 235/140!!! If he'd stayed home, as he wished, he probably wouldn't have made it through the night. So, a little over a week later and after an angyogram and then a 2nd to place a stint in his heart he is finally home! YAY He is home-bound though and we have an occupational therapist, physical therapist and nurse checking in. Hey, it's better than the original idea of him going to a rehab facility aka nursing home for a couple weeks! He actually seems to be doing pretty well though, no worse than he was before the attack and maybe even a bit better.

Quinn is being a butt these days. Won't sleep or nap for us, seems to think he gets to decide when he does these things now! Potty training just isn't happening, he hasn't had any interest up until last night while I was at work Scott sent me a text saying he'd asked to use his potty chair all on his own! So, maybe this will be the start. He is ornery and sassy! I miss the no talking kid I was actually worried about last year b/c he hardly spoke! NO worries anymore! He repeats EVERYTHING!!! lol

Tomorrow starts our first 2wk long visit with Ian and Jacob. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope all goes well. We have a few things planned to do, like the zoo, mini-golf and go-carts, parks etc. So wish us luck! :P

And I'll try to be back sooner than July! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment