On July 15, 2009 my father passed away. Loosing his long going battle with many illnesses. May you rest in peace daddy, I love you and miss you so very much.
That was a very rough day, I was the one to see him in the ambulance while my mother waited for news at the hospital. She'd gone ahead of the ambulance and he passed shortly after she left. He went into cardiac arrest and they were unable to bring him back. His heart was just too tired and suffered too much stress in his life. May he no longer suffer. I don't think that I will ever get the image of him in the ambulance out of my head.
We had many friends and family come to help us through the difficult time. My fathers sister Melvina came from CA and my moms brother Donald came from AZ. Jessica, my lifelong friend came and stayed with us. She considered dad to be her 2nd dad since hers passed at such a young age and then at the Prayer Service an old friend showed up, Hilary, and we've been able to pick up where we left off some 8yrs ago. I'm so glad to have them both in my life. Our good friend Ben also came down from Pierre and stayed with us for a week to help us also. We do have some wonderful friends! I love them all!
The past month has been kind of a blur since then. We are still waiting to be able to bury him also. Aberdeen has gotten so much rain this summer that the ground in the cemetery has been too wet and moist to bury anyone. So he is in the mausoleum until we are finally able to put him to rest in his final resting place. That doesn't help a thing, we know that at any time we could be called to Aberdeen to go up for that and that will be like the funeral all over again. Just not fair to any of us.
I can't believe he is gone though, it still doesn't feel real most days. Like he'll just show up with his big smile and say it was all a big joke or something. I wish it were that easy. The only thing is that at least he is no longer suffering, he suffered so much the past few years, I'm at least glad of that. But so sad that he will miss so much of our lives and Quinn's life, I truly hope that Quinn doesn't forget his papa or how very much he loved him. He was the apple of his eye, he really was.












No comments:
Post a Comment